Let's first talk about some Qualities of a Super Hero.
1. They have Courage. Courage and bravery to leap first to a call of duty.
2. Selflessness. True Leaders always put others first.
3. Humility. Nothing makes a heroic leader seem a little less heroic than if he or she seems to want constant credit for his or her actions. They are humble, they don't broadcast their actions.
4. Patience. Patient in what is yet to come or that has already come that needs to be constantly dealt with.
5. Caring. The nurturing, tender, being that always shows Love whether near or far.
This is the Popenhagen Family and they have those Qualities. I have taken Family Photos of this beautiful Family before, but I felt like I learned something more about them.
They face some challenges with their son, Nick. ( click here and read more about Nick ) But, that doesn't stop them. They put their Super Hero qualities together and become unstoppable. Its incredible to watch, in person, how Strong this family is together. Though the challenges are knocking on their front door, their Super Power Qualities Kick in and the challenges are turned to dust.
Imagine fighting something and not knowing what you are fighting.
Does that make sense?
You are fighting for your own child, not knowing what he has, and not sure if you will ever know, but because they have Courage, they are Selfless, they are Humble, Patient, and Caring. They get through their day, hang up their capes and prepare themselves for the next adventure/battle they will face.
Who is a Super Hero? Anyone that stands up for someone in need.
What does a Super Hero Do? They protect, love, defend, and lift up that individual in need.
As a Special Needs Family Photographer, I love all these new experiences that I have been blessed with. Even if I have taken their pictures more than once; all of my clients, and my friends have helped me to grow, and teach me consistently how to reach out to help others to tell their story. This gives me a whole new meaning of photography. This is what makes me happy, To help others to be heard, and even educated in some fields through Pictures that tell a story.
Be a Super Hero like this Family, your cape doesn't need to be flaunted, the best Hero's have Courage, Selflessness, Humility, Patience, and Caring.